First Aid Training Consultants & Assessors’ Indemnity Insurance
Information and Application
An annual renewable policy arranged by DSC Insurance Services and underwritten by Novae Underwriting specifically for First Aid Consultants.
Malpractice insurance with Public & Products Liability extension.
- Indemnifies your legal liability to pay damages in respect of accidental injury of any person and / or accidental damage to their property. £250 Property Damage excess applies.
- Cover is rated on the individuals First Aid activities and may, upon completion, be extended for additional therapy-related work subject to approval of your qualification/s.
- Cover may, upon application, be extended to include your activities if you are running a company, practice or training school.
- Cover is provided for Practitioners within Great Britain, Northern Ireland and the Channel Islands as standard and may, upon application, be extended to include the Republic of Ireland.
- Limit of indemnity £2,000,000 in all. Legal costs and expenses incurred in connection with any admitted claim will be paid in addition to this limit of indemnity.
- Cover may, upon application, be extended to include locum cover, allowing other trained First Aid Consultants to conduct occasional training sessions for you.
- Your policy includes cover for products supplied in connection with normal First Aid teaching and / or other activities covered by this policy.
- Cover may, upon application, be extended to items that are sold to cover expenses, such as equipment, books, CD’s and tapes, etc.
- Businesses where the turnover exceeds £5000 plus the selling-on of products in connection with First Aid teaching or other activity covered by this policy, will require separate Products Liability Insurance from the Care-Sure Scheme.
- Limit of indemnity £2,000,000 in all plus Legal costs and expenses.
Main Policy Exclusions
Excludes legal liability:
- Arising from risks that require more specific insurance, i.e. motor, marine, etc.
- Arising in connection with advice, design or specification provided for a fee
- For injury to employees
- Arising from loss of / or damage to property in your custody or control
- Fines and penalties
- Defective products and work and the repair, replacement or recall of same work
- Some other specific events may be excluded or cover may be qualified
I wish to apply for general first aid practice and assessment including my own First Aid activity in terms of both ‘Good Samaritan Acts’ and as a designated First Aid Professional and also to include First Aid Practitioner at ‘Events’
As option (1) but also to include full Professional Indemnity as a First Aid Instructor. Such cover, will include advice given to provide indemnity against accusations of poor or inadequate teaching.
As option (2) but also to include Health & Safety Training/Manual Handling/Life Guard Training. Proof of qualifications required as well as the ‘Statement Of Fact’ form completed with this application.
Payment can be made by credit/debit card, BACS or cheque.
All insurance products are subject to acceptance and the terms and conditions of the underwriters.